Saturday 2 December 2023

Wokey wokey!

I have tried, many times, to get back on 'The Twitter', which is still a far better name than 'X' will ever be. I hear stories of pardons and resurrections of old accounts but it appears I am still persona non grata on that platform. Instead I have taken to the comments section of certain national newspapers online, but it's not the same.

But if X survives, and if I am ever able to post again, I fear the blockers and reporters will be there in a matter of days to take me down. Why, I really don't know. I can still read Twitter on my laptop if not my phone,  but I can't respond. (I frequently like a post, only to see the count go up by one, then immediately revert to the original number. I do this as a means of checking whether I still have any functionality at all.)

Meanwhile, the world around me appears to be woker by the day. I just read an article about publishing houses and the deservedly dismal sales of various woke volumes. 'Elliot' Page's transgender journey, for instance, for which 'he' received an advance which far exceeded any  possibly royalties from the few thousand sales. At least the reader's have a vote and they can take their book tokens elsewhere.

But the flimsy pretexts of the various strands of woke idiocy - race theory, gender benders, social justice, mental fragility - as clearly flawed as they appear to us normies, continues to gather their advocates. From high court judges to influential politicians, from sports stars, film stars, soap stars and some of the loudest people on the planet there seems to be no corner uninfected by the disease.

And yes, I get it, if you are trying to sell a book, a movie, a business, even, you can't afford to alienate your audience. But those genuinely afflicted by faulty imaginations are tiny in number. Why, if you gathered them all in one place they would amount to a few hundred thousand, in comparison with the billions on the planet. They are insignificant, and they are not normal, by any definition.

But ordinary people are idiots, too, and the woke flag is flown by those with the power to influence the purchasing decisions of millions. And beneath those big-ticket blowhards are the teachers and preachers who can't possibly all believe everything, but all they need to believe is that their own jobs are on the line if they don't toe it. 


I'm guessing the same applies to Twitter employees and bots who sent me the reply above to my latest request (today) to review my suspension. To this day I don't know what 'hateful conduct' I engaged in, but the chances are it was something utterly innocuous unless viewed through the woke lens of today's anti-normal society. 

Well, they can all fuck off.

9 comments:

  1. Have posted a link to your blog on Twitter. Hope you manage to get back there soon, you are missed!
    https://x.com/GiveUsAQuid/status/1731714203700842608?s=20

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have m|n missed. @omotforest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, David. They are being real dicks about it!

      Delete
  3. Don't dwell on it, there all a.......s. Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Email them saying you want to take up a subscription. You would like a review as the website is specifically affecting book sales and damaging your business. Say you would like to do business with them. Then come back with a blue tick, which is effectively a crown saying you're an X King, which sounds all sci-fi and cool. Love BRFC bigchris man, Happy Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Happy Christmas to you and yours likewise!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete