Over the years experts have revealed some 'startling' correlations:
- Children educated at grammar schools go to better universities.
- People who work harder usually earn more money.
- If you pay more in benefits than for work, people will choose benefits.
- Flooding a region with immigrants increases racist attitudes.
- The bigger the government the greater the cluster-fuck
- The European Onion[sic] - see above. And now,
- Problem families are, ahem, 'a problem'
The 1942 Beveridge Report identified five "Giant Evils" in society. (How much better if that had been 'Five Giant Elvises'?) These were named as squalor, ignorance, want, idleness and disease. And Louise Casey's £448million, three-year study has discovered what the neighbors would have told her in minutes - the five giant evils have proved to be more resilient than all the misguided efforts to eradicate them.