But the worm is turning and the truth is oozing out of the putrid pores of the years of national socialism posing as notional salvation:
So, after years in the chain gang called employment will we eventually get a chance to call the shots? Oh I hope I live to see it. As well as James' admirable lists of what should and should not be funded by taxation I have a few ideas of my own which may prove popular.
- Village stocks and/or manacles on every street corner, available for the use of anybody found idling in a manner I don't like the look of.
- Police to be issued with wet towels to flick at the low-slung arses of any brat wearing trousers below waist level. (They should be grateful for actually having a waist!)
- All OAPs to be armed with lethal weapons and given free rein to police their locality.
- Contraceptive-laced public water supplies to all sink estates.
- All teachers to be issued with and trained in the use of the birch.
- And -especially for @Miss_Ranty (off of that Twitter) - free chocolate and sunshine for all.