Wednesday 21 September 2011

What's happened to the world?

So the Times Atlas of the World is telling big porky-pies about global warming?

I'm not so sure I'm against this, when I think about it.

A society has a duty to educate its citizens for the benefit of that society. Any individual gain is a lucky by-product of that process. And while we need thinkers and doers, we need far more doers than thinkers - and the last thing we need is doers turning to thought at the drop of a hat.

With that in mind I applaud the Times Atlas for supplying the drones of the world with something big to worry about because once people stop worrying about stuff they can't control they start to worry about stuff they could control. And if I'm honest about it, there are a lot more proles than police. Fair play to the publishers.

Our free press is responsible for much stirring in the far-too-well-informed sensibilities of the great unwashed. So I say, keep 'em in the dark and feed them bullshit - the trademark of successful tyrannies throughout history. Long live the king!

No comments:

Post a Comment