Tuesday 27 September 2011

Potless and Fancy-Free

Well, that's it. I'm at my overdraft limit and I've maxed out my cards. My total income is less than my fixed outgoings. The situation is truly desperate and something has to give.

I've thought of letting go my iPhone but I have ten months of contract left to run. Do I really need Sky+, I wonder and is there really much point in subscribing to eight magazines I don't really read but nevertheless feel I am entitled to have access to? Maybe I could trade in the Beemer and get the bus to work?

I have even considered getting a second job and cutting down on take-aways, cinema and boozy nights out. I really have searched my soul for the answer. And I think I've found it.

I am going to take a leaf out of the expert's* book and apply for a new credit card. Sod it, I'll spend my way to the promised land!

*Warning. This is satire.
Should anybody be foolish enough to take this as financial advice it will only serve to prove what I have been saying about the proles all along.**

**Not you, of course. By reading this you show you are much better than 'them'.

No comments:

Post a Comment